Recruiting Precheckers and Checkpoint Workers
[This is a stand-in, waiting for someone that knows more to do better.]
Ideally, you'll have one novice car, one senior or expert car, and one expert or master expert car. (I say "car", but some precheckers may work only from a map and critique, without driving the route. Obviously, at least one prechecker car should drive the route, ideally on a Saturday evening.)
- Ask your friends (duh)
- Ask at preceding rallyes, clarifying that
* You need not be an expert. A novice is fine * If you have to miss a rallye, this is a way to "experience it" on your own schedule.
- Ask trc-talk mailing list
- Beg trc-business mailing list
- Bill Jonesi currently in San Diego is generally availible most months to precheck on a map. 
Beware of having people that aren't experienced with rallyes doing non-trivial scoring.