Has another rallyemaster ever told you something that was especially helpful? Is there anything you learned the hard way that you wish someone had told you beforehand? Please feel free to add these insights.
Don't worry if you are unfamiliar with wiki formatting. Just click the "edit" link, type your comments (leaving blank lines between paragraphs), and click the "Save page" button. Someone else will clean up the formatting later.
In roughly chronological order, the rallyemaster handbook comprises these pages:
Well Before the Rallye
- Rethrow, Partial Rethrow, or Completely New Rallye
- Writing a Coursemarker Rallye
- Writing an A-B Rallye
- Writing a Q-A Rallye
- Gimmick Types
- Gimmicks That Should Be Avoided
- Sample General Instructions (CM)
- Sample General Instructions (A-B)
- Sample General Instructions (Q-A)
- "Typical" Definitions in Gimmick Rallyes
- Pick a Start Location and a Finish Location
- Writing the Critique
- Recruiting Precheckers and Checkpoint Workers
- Awards and Par Plaques for TRC Rallyes
- Scoring a Rallye by Hand
- Using the Computerized Scoring System
- Getting Content Posted to the Web Site
Before the Rallye
- Printing for TRC Rallyes
- TRC Equipment
- Coursemarker Guidelines
- Prechecking Gimmick Rallyes
- Police Notification
- Obtain the password for TRC's Twitter account
- Tweet an invitation (practice tweet) 1-2 days before the rallye, perhaps when your PGIs are posted.
- Be prepared to tweet notifications during the rallye, if necessary.
- Remember to also have CP workers notify all cars, to reach those not following TRC on Twitter.
At the Finish
- Score the rallye, answer questions, evaluate protests.
- Provide all protests to the Protest Committee for review.
- Scores altered by protests are typically re-written in red.
- Announce the scores and issue awards.
- Save extra registration packets and critiques; we sell the pair for $1 or put them in the start box to sell at future rallies.
After the Rallye
- Take down any rallye signs (e.g., CMs)
- Send results to TRC-Talk and webmaster and BCC your rallyists.
- Request Reimbursement
- Save all scoresheets
See also Gimmick Rallye Timeline#After_Rallye