Revision as of 00:30, 31 May 2014 by Darin
List of Places to Advertise Upcoming Rallyes
- San Jose Mercury News (submit to web site; registration required)
- Dean has posted events since 2012 to Zvents, the event website chosen/recommended/used by San Jose Mercury News. For free, we get a title, description (up to 500 characters), keywords, date/time/price, and optional phone and website link. For extra money, we can get higher placement in search results, and can add logos, several photos, video, etc. Dean posts events as user TheRallyeClub. Hint: use MyListings to view existing postings.
- sfgate (Must register to submit; TRC has a registration and Dean Stanton knows its details. See also their content guidelines.)
The "Publicity Chair" should approve all our advertising. Check with him/her before doing any on your own. However, everyone should keep this list current with instructions, so that someone can fill in or take over for the Publicity Chair.
Where Else Have We Checked?
- [NBC TV Channel 11, San Jose] has a [Submit your story tip] link, but since their web site doesn't seem to have a "list of upcoming local events" it seems pointless to inform them.
- http://www.livingsocial.com/ (Bill may know more about their fees and policies.)