September 17, 2003 TRC General Meeting minutes
· Called to order at 1939.
Members present: Teresa and Nick Stefanisko; Nancy Hanna; Steve Watt; Bill Jonesi; Pete Soper; Jeff Trimble; Darin and Michelle McGrew
Agenda for current meeting: Approved
Minutes from last meeting: Approved
· Current financials:
· Over $1k in the treasury!
· Beginning balance $725.40
· Revenue 8/20-9/17 $1007
· $316 Lunacy, $250 in-person registration, $66 via PayPal
· Unknown Hill & Valley
· $541 Harry Potter, 25 cars (no breakdown yet) for $465 deposit, $56 members via PayPal, $40 1 renewal and 1 membership at the start
· $150 from former treasurer
· Expenses $612.92
· $2.13 PayPal fees for entries (3 @ $0.71)
· $47.59 Promo par plaques (first shown at Lunafest)
· $115 to John F. for Lunacy expenses
· $35.69 Par plaques for Italian Rob
· $135 Insurance for Harry Potter
· $24.83 Par plaques for Harry Potter
· $54.50 Awards for Harry Potter
· $135 Insurance for Monster Mash
· $63.18 to John F. for PayPal entries
· Balance: $1,119.48
· Upcoming expenses
· $54.50 Awards for Monster Mash
· ~$25 Par Plaques for Monster Mash
· ~$74 Stamps for late Sept mailing (~200 pcs)
Last Event(s) Report
Hill & Valley
· 11 cars, OK turnout considering location and light advertising
· Decent turnout. Stu’s first gimmick rallye in about 20 years. John F. wants to do it again next year.
· Scoring error displaced 3rd place beginner, making duplicate awards for the car that should’ve gotten it. Went well, maybe a little bit long.
Next Event(s) Report
· October = Teresa, Monster Mash
· Teresa will be out of town 9/20-9/29.
· Rallye is ready
· Finish location pending Boardwalk’s construction status. Various Round Tables, etc. discussed as alternatives.
· Abby to work CP
· Nov = Darin, Two Ringy-dingy.
· Prechecked by Abby & Glen, also by Bill, Tom & Krissy.
· Needs some critique work
· Glen & Abby to work CP
· Need cell phone
· 6 Dec = Paradox. Dave G to maybe precheck? Nick & Teresa can precheck.
· 7 Dec = Toy Rallye, basically done.
· Jan 2004 = Paradox.
· Feb ’04 = Abby – Return of the Rallye to Middle Earth (membership rallye)
· Mar ’04 = Darin, Spring Brake
· Apr ’04 = Stefaniskos “Clue”
· May ’04 = Cris
· Jun ’04 = Bess’s
· 7/04 and on…
· No payment from previous treasurer
· Gimmick rallye guides need editing. Bill to contact Bob S. about some gimmick guides for the Rallye School the afternoon of Monster Mash.
· Had a report of someone outside at the finish with the critique and a cell phone. Need to keep an eye on this.
· Our Operating Procedures are outdated. Bill to propose updates.
· Election upcoming: Nominating committee will convene after board meeting on 9/17, secretary to send invitation to nominate to the TRC mailing list.
· Rallyemaster etiquette: People working registration really need a copy of the rallye some amount of time before the start time so they can review it, to compensate for the time spent.
· Need a rallyemaster section on the web site, discussion of details for the Web subcommittee.
· Annual championship for TRC? Should we do something like a gimmick rallye championship for TRC? Bill suggested (with general consensus) that we instead resurrect the points keeping for the NCSCC series.
· Mailing last week of Sept, need Monster Mash 2003, Rallye school on 10/4, Moonlight Monte & Great American Tour AB, 2 Ringy Ding, Toy Rallye, Paradox’ 6 Dec.
· Proposed raising membership fee to $25. General consensus against. Merchandising is a better way, Nick suggested Café Press.
10/4 Gimmick rallye school
10/4 Monster Mash 2003
10/5 Great American Tour, Sonoma
10/11 Moonlight Monte, Burlingame
Wednesday, 15 October, 1930, at Round Table Pizza, 860 Old San Francisco Rd.
Adjourned at 2049